Parrotdog’s 10th anniversary packaging makeover of Bitterbitch won over a few fans last year with the beer making its way on to Untappd’s list of top-10 International IPAs.
Parrotdog dressed their cult flagship beer with a new skin to celebrate their 10th birthday and fans seemed to jump on the hype, scoring the beer higher in 2021 than its lifetime average of 3.8 stars.
Untappd didn’t reveal the scores posted by drinkers in 2021 but the fact that Bitterbitch sat in seventh place ahead of Northern Monk’s Patrons Project 27.03, a limited release beer that scored exactly four stars, suggests Bitterbitch batted above it’s lifetime average last year at just over 4 stars.
Here are Untappd’s 12 Highest-Rate International IPAs of 2021.
- Pay No Heed To the Drongos — Wylam, England
- You Can’t Download the Future — Wylam, England
- Glue — DEYA Brewing Company, England
- First Eclipse — Vocation Brewery, England
- Shitter Was Full — Sudden Death Brewing, Germany
- Hometown Pride // Why Didn’t You Tell Me X Black History Month — Northern Monk, England
- Bitterbitch — Parrotdog, New Zealand
- Patrons Project 27.03 // British Culture Archive // Crowd For The Summer — Northern Monk, England
- Horizon Line — Wylam, England
- Total Riwaka — Vocation Brewery, England
Staying with Untappd’s best of 2021, the list of most check-ins makes for interesting reading, with Guinness holding top-spot ahead of Heineken.
- Guinness Draught — Guinness — 188,064 check-ins
- Heineken — Heineken — 106,885 check-ins
- Punk IPA — BrewDog — 98,006 check-ins
- Corona Extra — Grupo Modelo — 92,795 check-ins
- IPA — Lagunitas Brewing Co. — 92,157 check-ins
- Miller Lite — Miller Brewing Co. — 89,962 check-ins
- Birra Moretti L’Autentica/Ricetta Originale — Birra Moretti — 81,830 check-ins
- Tripel Karmeliet — Brouwerij Bosteels — 80,512 check-ins
- Stella Artois — Stella Artois — 79,392 check-ins
- Traditional Lager — Yuengling Brewery — 78,437 check-ins